Meditate for 10:00 at any time today. Not sure how to meditate, or struggling with consistency in your practice? Check out my “21 Days of Nothing Challenge“! If you are a beginner I will guide you through a simple meditation practice along with support over the course of the 21 Day challenge. If you have experience with meditation but lack consistency, this challenge is a fantastic way to make that happen and to be accountable! What is the “21 Days of Nothing Challenge”? Click HERE for details and get started NOW!
Yoga for minimum of 30 minutes. Need ideas? Hit a class at a local studio/gym, or click HERE to get access to one of my audios from a live class. Guess what? One of them is FREE! Plus you can check out other sessions I’ve recorded that you can purchase. Remember, the first rule of BTWG is – NO EXCUSES!
Early morning meditation session for 10:00 followed by Journaling X 10:00. In your journaling time, just free flow and write whatever comes to your heart and mind. Step back from wanting to control what you write or from filtering what you write. Just flow…
Cardio – activity of your choice X 30 minutes at a moderate pace. Something you can sustain without stopping, yet it’s challenging. Think of a solid “6-7” on a RPE scale of 1 – 10.
Spend at least 5:00 on stretching, mobility work, or foam rolling. Don’t think you have time in your day? Do this while you are watching TV, first thing in the morning (just before your meditation session), or before getting into bed. Just get it done!
Strength and Conditioning
3 rounds of:
- Dips X 10
- Plank Walk Up X 1:00
- Russian Twist X 15 each side
- Rest for 1:00
3 rounds of:
- Bench Press or Incline Bench Press if you have an incline bench) X 15
- Upright Row X 15
- Handstand X as long as you can, working up to a max of 1:00
- Strict Hanging Leg Raise X 10 – 15
- Rest for 1:00
- Dips – If you cannot do at least 10, or don’t have access to a dip station, do Bench/Chair Dips instead.
- If you don’t have a place to perform Hanging Leg Raises or they are too challenging for you to complete at least 10, do Lying Leg Lifts X 15 instead
- Handstand Hold – Use a wall as needed. If Handstand is not appropriate for you, hold Downward Facing Dog and shoot for a 1:00 hold
Meditation: Meditate for 10:00 at any time today. Not sure how to meditate, or struggling with consistency in your practice? Check out my “21 Days of Nothing Challenge“! If you are a beginner I will guide you through a simple meditation practice along with support over the course of the 21 Day challenge. If you have experience with meditation but lack consistency, this challenge is a fantastic way to make that happen and to be accountable! What is the “21 Days of Nothing Challenge”? Click HERE for details and get started NOW!
Cardio: Pick an activity of your choice – walk, run, bike, swim, etc. Warm up for at least 10:00, then spend 20:00 at an intensity of 7-8 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being max effort). Pick a pace you can sustain the entire time, rather than going hard and backing off.
Yoga: Stretch, mobilize or do a formal yoga session for a minimum of 15:00. Better yet, join me for my “Hot Vinyasa” class at Cityoga from 5:45 – 7:00pm!
10 Jul 18: Strength and Conditioning
Combo #1 – 3 rounds of:
- Pull Up X as many as possible with good form – minimum of 5 reps. Otherwise scale with assisted pull up, lat pulldown or band pulldown
- SlowMo Push Up X as many as you can do with strict form and full range of motion. SlowMo means a 3 count on the way down, 3 count on the way up. Scale by using your knees as needed
- Sit Up, or alternative of your choice X 20
- Rest X 1:00 between rounds
Combo #2 – 3 rounds of:
- Goblet Squat X 15
- Shoulder Press X 12
- Bicep Curl X 10
- Strict Hanging Leg Raise X 10. If you don’t have a way to hang (Pull Up bar, tree branch, anything will work), do 15 Lying Leg Lifts instead
- Rest X 1:00 between rounds
Spend 5:00 mobilizing before the workout and an additional 5:00 after your workout. Wanna join me for a gentle morning yoga practice? Join me at The Hub in Carmel 9:30-10:30!
Wake early, then:
- Meditate for 10:00
- Grab your journal and plan your week ahead. Be sure to schedule time each day for your Daily Practice. Most things suggested here can be completed in approximately 30:00, plus 10:00 – 15:00 for meditation and then journal.
- In your journal, write down where you would like to be in the next 90 days in each area listed below. Be specific. Also, set targets that may seem impossible today. Targets that will require you to become more than who you are today. List in the following areas:
- Fitness – what would you like to accomplish in terms of your overall fitness? If you want to lose body fat, how much? If you want to achieve a cardio target, such as run a 5K, write it down. If you want to consistently do the Daily Practice sessions posted here, write it down.
- Nutrition – What changes do you KNOW you need to make in terms of how your nourish your cells?
- Relationship – 90 days from now, where do you want to be in terms of your close relationships? What changes do you need to make with your kids, your spouse/significant other, your parents, your friends?
- Spirituality – Where do you want to be in relationship to your Spirit, with God? Do you need to commit to the assigned meditation sessions and journaling? Do you desire to consistently attend church or spiritual group of your choosing? Do you need to seek a deeper connection to God, and if so, what does that look like?
- Career – Whether you own a business, are employed, a student, or a stay at home parent, either way you have a “career”. Where do you want to be in this realm at the end of 90 days?
- Now, look at these targets and answer the question, “why” for each of them. This is key as next week we will begin to explore the “how” of hitting our targets.
Active recovery day or make up a missed session from earlier in the week.
Rest, mobilize, gentle yoga, stretch, walk, eat well and nourish your body, mind and spirit. A new week awaits… tomorrow.
Share your targets in the comments! Nothing like posting targets in a public way to help hold you accountable and to ensure you hit a bull’s-eye on your targets!
Early morning meditation: sit for a minimum of 10:00 and then journal for a minimum of 5:00. Need a topic? List 5 things you love about yourself and why.
Make up day or fun activity of your choice X 30 – 60 minutes. Longer, if you like!
Do something that is play for you – play a sport, kayak (those in the Indy area, did you can rent them at Eagle Creek?), go for a trail run or hike, join your kids at the park for a game of tag or “the floor is hot lava“.
Share your experience and insights in the comments and have an amazing weekend!