Strength and Conditioning: Compare results to the Daily Practice from 02 Jul 18. Note any progress and improvements in your results!
4 rounds, not for time of:
- Pull Up X as many as possible with good form – minimum of 5 reps. Otherwise scale with assisted pull up, lat pulldown or band pulldown
- Goblet Squat X 10 as heavy as possible
- Upright Row X 15
- Sit Up, or alternative of your choice X 20
- Rest X 1:00 between rounds
Share your results, experience or comments below!
It’s Friday! That can mean only one thing… its Yoga Day! Pick a practice of your choice, just make sure it’s for a minimum of 30:00 today.
Meditation: Meditate X 12:00. Not sure how to meditate? Be sure to contact me for instruction and guidance. I’m here to help!
Combo #1 X 3 rounds:
- Pull Up X as many as possible. If doing Assisted Pull Ups or Lat Pulldowns pick a weight that is really challenging X 5 reps.
- SloMo Push Up X as many as possible with good form and full range of motion. “SloMo” = 3 count as you lower, 3 count as you push up
- Butterfly Sit Up X 20
- Rest as needed
Combo #2 X 3 rounds:
- Thruster X 10
- Burpee X 10
- Kettlebell Snatch or High Pull X 10 each. You can use a dumbbell for this movement.
- Forearm Plank Hold X 1:00
- Only rest during this combo if you must. The intention is to finish 3 rounds as fast as possible with solid form.
Yoga: Yoga, stretch, mobilize and/or foam roll for a minimum of 10:00. Focus on hips, hamstrings, calves and lower back.
Meditation: Meditate for 10:00 today, ideally earlier in the day. Then, journal for 10:00, ideally shortly before bed.
Cardio: Short (but sweet) Intervals.
- Run X 100 meters as fast as possible. If you aren’t running, do another mode of activity (even jump rope!) for 1:00 as hard as you can.
- Recover X 2:00
- Repeat for a total of 8 intervals. Beginners should limit to 5 intervals.
Yoga: Do the Yoga today, rather than just stretching or mobilizing. Practice for a minimum of 15 minutes. This can be a solo practice, a video or audio. Check out my live yoga class audios HERE!. There’s even a free one you can download 🙂
Meditation: Meditate for 10:00 at any time.
Metabolic Conditioning (MetCon):
In this workout, you rest only when needed and complete the workout as fast as you can, yet NEVER compromising form.
For time – 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps of:
- Walking Lunge (each leg). Hold Dumbbells at your side. Go heavy, yet manageable with solid form
- Strict Press (aka “Military Press” or “Shoulder Press”). Go heavy, yet manageable with solid form
- Jump Rope X 5 (for example, in the round of 10, you do 50 Jump Ropes. The round of 9 you 45 Jump Ropes and so on)
- Hanging Leg Raise. If you don’t have access to a bar for Hanging Leg Raise, or are not able to do them, do Lying Leg Lifts as a substitution.
Explaining the rep scheme: You perform one round of the circuit, doing 10 reps of each movement, except Jump Rope, where you do 5 times the prescribed reps. Once you do 10 reps of all the movements, you go back to the top of the list and do 9 reps of each. Then 8 and so on. This is a MetCon which is geared towards amping up your metabolism, elevating your heart rate and challenging you mentally. Go at an intensity that is right for you. Just be sure to push yourself a little today.
Yoga: Attend my 5:45pm yoga class at Cityoga, otherwise spend at least 10:00 stretching, mobilizing and/or foam rolling with an emphasis on rolling your back and glutes.
Friday is Yoga Day. Join me for my 10:15am Heated Vinyasa at Cityoga, use one of my audios (recorded live), join in another class, do your own practice at home that is self guided or use a video. Make it happen and enjoy!
Stay active over the weekend. Do something fun! Get outdoors and go for a hike, a trail run, kayaking, biking, or whatever you find enjoyable while being active. Aside from that, eat well, get some rest and be prepared to resume formal training on Monday.
Meditation: Early morning meditation for 10:00. Journal for 10:00 at any time today.
Cardio: 30:00 at a moderate and sustainable pace. Activity of your choice.
Yoga: 15:00 of Yoga postures or stretching of your choice.