Meditation: Meditate for 10:00 today.
Run 1 mile for time.
Rest X 3:00.
Run 1 mile for time.
See if you can keep the second mile time within 1:00 of your first time. If you cannot run, do an alternative form of cardio and go hard for 8:00. Rest 3:00 and repeat.
Yoga: Join me for my 5:45 – 7:00pm Hot Vinyasa class at Cityoga, otherwise, spend at least 10:00 stretching and foam rolling. Focus on quads, hips and calf muscles.
Early Morning Meditation X 10:00 followed by 10:00 of journaling. Write down the “one big thing” you want to accomplish this week and the steps that need to take place for that to happen. Decide what when you will accomplish this “one big thing” and when you will do each step to make it happen. Put it on your weekly calendar and make it happen!
Combo #1 X 3 rounds:
- Front Squat (can use barbell, dumbbells, kettlebells, or bands) X 10 as heavy as possible
- Hindu Push Up X 10
- Yoga Squat X 1:00 (consider this your “recovery” and go right into your next round
Combo #2 X 3 rounds:
- Weighted Walking Lunge X 10 each
- Incline Bench Press (if you don’t have an incline, do flat bench or floor press) X 10 as heavy as possible
- Plank Pike with feet on paper plates (modify by doing Knee In) X 10
Join me for my “Gentle Yoga” class at The Hub from 9:30 – 10:30am or my “Heated Vinyasa” class at Invoke Wellness Center from 5:45 – 6:45pm. Otherwise, spend at least 10:00 stretching, mobilizing and/or foam rolling. Focus on lower body.
On Friday, we do the Yoga. Yep, if you’ve been following along here the past couple months, you know that every Friday we do a formal Yoga “asana” (Yoga postures) session. Ideally, this session should be a minimum of 30 minutes. Hit up my 10:15 – 11:30 Heated Vinyasa at Cityoga, or do another class, video or solo practice.
That’s it for todays Daily Practice. Meditation and any cardio activity is totally up to you, or just rest take a break from any other form of training for the remainder of the day.
Over the weekend, get out and move. Play. Hike. Play a sport or maybe a game with kids. Nothing formal, just move and be ready to train with me again next week.
Meditation: Early morning meditation for a minimum of 10:00, working up to 20:00 if possible. I know that many of my Students have excuses for not meditating, let alone meditating first thing in the morning. But, like I said, they are excuses. BTWG is about “No Excuses”! We figure it out and make it happen. That’s the warrior spirit… the Spiritual Warrior Way. So, go to bed a little earlier if you need to. Otherwise, just get up, maybe sip some warm water and get on your meditation cushion. It’s only 10:00 so get after it!
30:00 of moderate cardio. May go up to 1 hour, if desired. Activity of your choice. The key is “moderate”, meaning, no higher zone efforts today – smooth and steady. Be mindful of the breath and find your flow rather than getting trapped in thoughts.
10:00 of yoga, stretching, mobility or foam rolling.
Meditation: Walking meditation for 5:00 – 10:00. Click HERE if you are not familiar with this practice.
Conditioning: MetCon. In this workout, you rest only when needed and complete the workout as fast as you can, yet NEVER compromising form.
For time – 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps of:
- Walking Lunge (each leg). Hold Dumbbells at your side. Go heavy, yet manageable with solid form
- Strict Press (aka “Military Press” or “Shoulder Press”). Go heavy, yet manageable with solid form
- Jump Rope X 5 (for example, in the round of 10, you do 50 Jump Ropes. The round of 9 you 45 Jump Ropes and so on)
- Hanging Leg Raise. If you don’t have access to a bar for Hanging Leg Raise, or are not able to do them, do Lying Leg Lifts as a substitution.
Explaining the rep scheme: You perform one round of the circuit, doing 10 reps of each movement, except Jump Rope, where you do 5 times the prescribed reps. Once you do 10 reps of all the movements, you go back to the top of the list and do 9 reps of each. Then 8 and so on. This is a MetCon which is geared towards amping up your metabolism, elevating your heart rate and challenging you mentally. Go at an intensity that is right for you. Just be sure to push yourself a little today.
Yoga: Yoga session, or foam roll focusing on lower body today.
Meditation: Journal for 10:00 today. Meditate for 10:00 as well, taking a few moments to reflect on the events of “9/11” and what it means to you, to the world, then and now. Take a few additional moments to offer compassion to all who have been impacted by what transpired on that day in 2001 as well as who has been impacted by it over the last 17 years.
Run X 1 mile for time. Rest for 3:00 – 5:00 then go again. Make an effort to keep the two times within :90 of each other. For example, if you run your first mile in 6:00, your second mile should be no more than 7:30. Be sure to perform a thorough warm up before your first mile effort.
Yoga: Join me at Cityoga for my 5:45 – 7:00pm Hot Vinyasa class! Otherwise, spend at least 10:00 stretching, mobilizing and/or foam rolling>
Meditation: Seated meditation for 12:00 at any time of day.
Combo #1 for 3 rounds:
- Deadlift X 10 as heavy as possible
- Slow Push Up (3 count on way down, 3 count of way up)
- Boat Pose Hold X 1:00. If you can’t go the full minute, hold as long as you can with good form and break when needed.
- Rest X 1:00
Combo #2 for 3 rounds:
- Dips X 10 or Bench Dips X 15
- Chin Up X 5 (more if you can!), or Pulldown X 15 as heavy as you can with good form.
- Man/Woman Maker X 10
- Rest X 1:00
Yoga: Join me for my new class at Invoke Wellness, located at 86th and Ditch on Indy’s North Side. Heated Vinyasa from 5:45 – 6:45. Otherwise, minimum of 10:00 stretching, mobility, and or foam rolling.