Meditation: Walking meditation X 10:00. Sitting meditation X 10:00 at bedtime.
Cardio: 30:00 of sustained activity of your choice. Make it a challenging effort, yet sustainable where you don’t have to fluctuate from going hard and needing to slow for recovery.
Yoga: Strength, mobilize or yoga X 10:00
Early morning breath work and meditation: Today we venture into the Practice of breath work, or “pranayama” as it’s known in the yoga and meditation world. While there are numerous benefits to breath work in the energy/metaphysical world, we will focus on the physical and mental benefits such as:
- Improved oxygenation of the blood
- Increased focus and energy
- Helps create balance in body and mind
There are many more benefits and reasons, but at the end of the day, I just ask you trust the process and just do the work!
Here is the practice for today which is known as “alternate nostril breathing”. Ideally, this would be done first thing in the morning, shortly after awakening. If that isn’t an option, just do it when possible. Anytime of day is better than not doing it.
- Sit as in meditation and quiet your mind for a few moments.
- Bring your awareness to your breath
- After an exhale, use your thumb to close off your left nostril and breath in only through your right nostril.
- After the full inhale, close off your right nostril and exhale only through your left nostril.
- After the full exhale, inhale through your left nostril.
- Close off your left nostril and exhale through your right nostril.
- This is one round. Continue for a total of 10 rounds.
- After 10 rounds, sit quietly and just breath naturally for a few moments. This concludes the session.
Strength and Conditioning:
- Thruster X 10 @ challenging weight. Click HERE for a demo of the Thruster. This movement can be done with a barbell, dumbells, or even exercise bands.
- Pull Up X 10. If you do not have access to a pull up bar or are not able to do pull ups, sub with Lat Pulldowns X 15
- Sit Up X 15
- Rest only when necessary
Rest approximately 2:00 and then…
- Walking Lunge X 10 each leg. Only use weight if you feel you aren’t challenged enough.
- Hindu Push Up X 10
- Russian Twist X 15 each side
- Rest X 1:00
Finish the session with 5:00 of stretching, mobility and/or foam rolling.
Cardio Day: After a solid warm up, perform the following interval workout. Activity of your choice.
- Moderate – Hard effort X :90
- Easy effort X 1:00
- Repeat for a total of 5 sets
Yoga: Join me at Cityoga for my 5:45pm Hot Vinyasa class, or other session that works for you. Otherwise, perform a minimum of 20:00 of stretching and mobilization.
Happy Friday! You know the drill…Friday, it’s Yoga Day! Enjoy!
Early morning meditation X 10:00 into journaling X 10:00.
Yoga Day! If you have been following along these past weeks, you know the drill. On Tuesday’s we Yoga. Join me at Cityoga from 5:45 – 7:00pm, hit up another class that works for you, hit me up for one of my Yoga audios, or do your own thing on your mat.
Meditation: Walking meditation (mindful walk) X 5:00 – 10:00. A walking meditation is a slow – moderate pace walk where you are mindful of each step you take. The sensation of the earth beneath your feet. Focus on the sensation of your breath. As other thoughts arise, let them go and bring your awareness back to your footsteps and your breath. Share your insights and experiences in the comments! I’d love to hear how things are going in your Practice.
Cardio: Steady pace effort for a minimum of 30:00. If the intensity creeps up too high, slow your pace, recover, and then pick it up again, if appropriate.
Yoga: Spend 10:00 stretching, mobilizing, or foam rolling.
Meditation/Mindfulness: Spend 10:00 journaling. Include listing 5 people who have been a positive influence on your life and why. Feel free to share any insights in the comments section, as well as feedback on your training today!
3 rounds of:
- Dips X 10
- Oblique Twist Sit Up X 10 each side
- Rest for 1:00
3 rounds of:
- Bench Press or Incline Bench Press if you have an incline bench) X 15
- Plank Walk Up X 1:00
- Reverse Curl Up X 15 – 20
- Rest for 1:00
2 round of:
- Shoulder Press X 10
- Handstand Hold X long as you can, working up to 1:00.
- Rest for :30
Not sure how to meditate? Not sure how to do some of the movements? Hit me up! I am happy to offer guidance and support. Email me (email@example.com), or post a comment below.
Early A.M. meditation: Spend a minimum of 10:00 meditating and a minimum of 5:00 journaling. Do this first thing in the morning. Yes, you can set your alarm 15:00 earlier and get this done. Make it happen!
5 rounds of:
- Cardio activity of choice X :90
- Rest X :90
Your score = shortest distance traveled in a round. For example, if you run, and you cover 500 meters in round 1 through 3, then you cover 450 meters in round 4 and 400 meters in round 5 – your “score” would be 400 meters.
Post your results! If you have been following the program here, compare your results to the same workout posted on 03 Jul 18. Have fun!
Yoga: Minimum 10:00 of Yoga, mobility, stretching, foam rolling. Or, join me for Hot Vinyasa Flow at Cityoga! 5:45-7:00pm.