Meditation: Seated meditation for 12:00 at any time of day.
Combo #1 for 3 rounds:
- Deadlift X 10 as heavy as possible
- Slow Push Up (3 count on way down, 3 count of way up)
- Boat Pose Hold X 1:00. If you can’t go the full minute, hold as long as you can with good form and break when needed.
- Rest X 1:00
Combo #2 for 3 rounds:
- Dips X 10 or Bench Dips X 15
- Chin Up X 5 (more if you can!), or Pulldown X 15 as heavy as you can with good form.
- Man/Woman Maker X 10
- Rest X 1:00
Yoga: Join me for my new class at Invoke Wellness, located at 86th and Ditch on Indy’s North Side. Heated Vinyasa from 5:45 – 6:45. Otherwise, minimum of 10:00 stretching, mobility, and or foam rolling.
Meditation: Meditate for 12:00 today. Pro tip – if sitting for 10:00-12:00 is too long for you, break it up into two sessions, splitting the time in half.
Yoga: it’s Friday! And that means it’s Yoga day! Practice for a minimum of 20:00.
Have a great weekend. Stay active, get rested and ready for a bigger training week next week!
Meditation: Meditate for 10:00 at any time today.
Strength: MetCon day.
For those who may not know, “MetCon” is short for Metabolic Conditioning. This is also sometimes known as “Work Capacity”. Regardless, the purpose of a MetCon is intensity. The intensity from this sort of workout delivers a tremendous boost to your metabolism as well as improvement to cardiac output, the ability to deal with lactate and other metabolites and builds mental toughness. So, go hard, yet ALWAYS maintain proper form.
5 rounds of the following. Rest only as needed.
- Strict Pull Up X 5
- Hanging Leg Raise X 10
- Thruster X 15 at a light to moderate load (weight).
- Run X 200 meters. Any cardio alternative is fine if running isn’t an option. If subbing, do 1:00 of the activity.
Yoga: 10:00 of stretching, mobility, or yoga.
Meditation: Walking meditation for 10:00, or seated meditation for 10:00. Or, go for both!
Cardio: Medium range interval day. Activity of your choice.
After a proper warm up do the following intervals.
- Challenging but sustainable pace X 3:00
- Recover X 1:00
- Repeat for a total of 8 sets
Cool down and stretch. Nothing formal today.
Meditation: Early morning breath work and meditation. Please click HERE if you are unfamiliar with this practice. Meditation is for 10:00.
3 rounds of:
- Chin Up X as many as you can do with strict form. May substitute by using the assisted Pull Up machine – if so, do 10 reps. May also use an exercise band on this, also for 10 reps.
- Slow motion Push Up X 10 (3 count on the way down, 3 count on the way up).
- Kettlebell or Dumbbell Swing X 20
- Turkish Get Up (just to the high bridge position, not all the way to standing) X 5 each side.
- Rest as needed between rounds
3 rounds of:
- Kneeling Curl and Press X 12
- Kneeling 1/2 Moon X 5 each side
- Bridge X 20, or Single Leg Bridge X 10 each
- Rest as needed.
Yoga: 10:00 of stretching or mobilization of your choice.
It’s that time again, boys and girls. It’s Friday! And around here, Friday means to get your Yoga practice on! So, Yoga of your choice for a minimum of 30:00. This can be a live class, video/audio, or a self led solo practice. Enjoy!
Meditation: Meditate for 10:00 today and journal for 10:00 as well.
Strength and Conditioning:
Combo #1: 3 rounds of
- Incline Bench Press X 10
- Kneeling Curl and Press X 10 super strict reps. No movement of the torso.
- Plank Walk Up X 1:00
Combo #2: 3 rounds of
- Floor Press X 10 each
- Strict Push Ups X as many as possible with good form.
- Dips or Bench Dips X as many as possible with good form.
- V-Up X 15
Yoga: Spend 10:00 stretching, mobilizing, and or foam rolling.